Yacht-AIS Transponder works with Class A, Class B and Class B CS Transponders and determines automatically which type of transponder is used. According to the connected transponder, the software will offer the following features:
- input of ship static and voyage related data
- Transmit safety related broadcast messages with predefined context to all stations.
- Receive adressed and broadcasted safety messages (for example, with SAR information and shipping advisories)
- Receive and decode all broadcasted AIS binary messages (as defined by ITU, IMO, and St. Lawrence Seaway Authorities)
- Alarm in case of hardware failure with possibilities for acknowledging